Better Way Real Estate ABN 52 627 112 529, (we, us, our or "Betterway") recognises and values the protection of your personal information. We are aware of our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and we will ensure that we fulfill our obligations under relevant legislation where we operate.
We also recognise that you may have concerns about our collection of your personal information via the Betterway website ("the Website") which is located at www.betterway.com.au and how we may use that information.
Our updated policy is designed to provide greater transparency into our privacy practices and principles, in a format that is easier to navigate, read and understand.
Effective Date: 15 September 2019
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Use of Your Information by Intrepica Pty Ltd
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- Your Controls and Choices
- Data Security and Integrity
- Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- Retention of Data
- Comments and Questions
- Online tracking and advertising
- Online tracking technologies
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information . We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you enquire with Betterway, including your first name and surname, approximate location, country of residence and email address. Under no circumstances will we request or collect any information from you that may disclose your:
- political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations
- racial or ethnic origin
- criminal convictions.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our partners, including payment information
- Information you provide in public forums
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform.
- Location information when you visit our sites including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address , where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites or third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
2. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms. Please see the section below, "Online Tracking and Advertising" for further information, including how to disable cookies.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorise the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by us
A team member of Betterway will be the data controller for your information.
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside Betterway. except in very limited circumstances, including:
- when we share personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties
- to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- you may request we correct, update and delete your enquiry
- you may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting us at [email protected], or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at [email protected]
6. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
7. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
8. Retention of Data
We retain personal data on our systems for active enquiries and retain data beyond this period for benchmarking purposes and as required by law to do so, typically for financial purposes.
10. Comments and Questions
Our sites may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with you.
Data Controller. The data controller is Better Way Real Estate Pty Ltd.
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency you use various parts of our sites, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites please email [email protected]
11. Online Tracking and Advertising
We collect information about your activity on our sites using tracking technologies such as cookies, and Web beacons. Definitions for the tracking technologies listed, as well as information regarding how to disable them, are available below. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites; for example, remembering your preferences for search filters
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our sites
- Analyse traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your enquiry in which case we will treat it as personal information.
12. Online Tracking Technologies
Examples of online tracking technologies include: